Sunday, August 8, 2010

A poem inspired by my summer vacation...

Just don't ask...

$50 Fine

On vacation this summer,
I had to toe the line,
If I did not want to get
A $50 fine.

When I got to my condo,
I didn't see the sign.
I backed into a parking space.
$50 fine.

I went to the ocean
To see the sun shine.
I got my key card wet.
$50 fine.

Then I went to the pool.
Surely that is not a crime!
I did a canonball.
$50 fine.

I went back to my condo
Without a freaking dime.
I hung my towel over the fence.
$50 fine.

I walked to a restaurant
In order to dine.
When I got back I was too loud.
$50 fine.

So when you go on vacation,
Save yourself some time.
Pay attention so you don't get
A $50 fine.

~Sean Paul

3 comments:

  1. Crime, dime and time don't technically rhyme with fine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have no sense of slant rhyming, do you? Leave the poetics to me, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was writing poetry before you were born, young man.

    ReplyDelete