Thursday, August 19, 2010

Blahhhg

Now that I (finally) have a blog, I'm finding I don't have very much to blog about. I have to invent things to talk about.

I was thinking about the reason I watch Star Trek episodes over and over again and I think today, I finally figured it out. While I love the premise of Star Trek: a future reality in which prejudice, discrimination, poverty, disease, and warfare are things of the past, at least between humans, it's not that that keeps me coming back for more. When it comes right down to it, I think that Star Trek is just plain the best storytelling I've ever encountered. They tell really damned good stories. Of course, over six series and eleven movies it gets a little repetitive from time to time, but I don't mind.

I've been working like mad on my interviews for my book and my book itself. I've done eight interviews in five days. I need to do about twelve more interviews I think. I'm hopeful I won't have much trouble finding the number of people I need to do them. It's very exciting, writing a book, and writing about other people's lives. It's kind of cool. I feel empowered in a way. And very responsible to, to try to do justice to these people's stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment