Monday, August 9, 2010

My Book

So for those of you who don't know, I'm writing a book. Its exact content is so far top secret, but the basic premise of the book is to examine the contemporary relationship between the LDS Church and the gay community. As part of my book, I am interviewing gay youth who are former LDS Church members. I am knee deep in my research process and I am having an amazing reaction to the feelers I have put out for finding research participants. All the people I have contacted (with the exception of like two who haven't yet responded) seem to be very excited to be a part of the research. I am doing my first interviews this week and I can't wait to see how they go. I am having so much fun with this project so far. I have already started writing the first chapter of the book, too, and in one day I have written about one fifth of the amount of words that were in my Senior Honors Thesis. That's how I know that I am much more excited about this book (probably because it was my idea) than I was about the extended thesis (even though I did enjoy writing that, too). I will keep updating about the book project as it unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment