Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yeah, so here was today's baby e-mail...

You're halfway there. Hooray! The first trimester is over, the second is well under way, and you've probably got your energy back. Celebrate by splurging on a pedicure, a prenatal massage, or a new outfit that shows off your baby bump. Now's also the time to hang out with friends, go on a baby moon, and live it up before the baby arrives about 20 weeks from now.


This might sound really sad, but I am rather entertained whenever I receive one of these e-mails now...

Today has been a bit of a difficult day and I'm not really sure why.  I have felt pretty tired the last couple of days (mostly I think because I have had a couple of late nights in a row), so I think that is mostly responsible.  But I am starting to acknowledge that I still have a bit of lingering depression that creeps up on me occasionally.  Sometimes I don't even notice it right away.  But I suppose given my life at the moment, it is not very difficult to understand why this might be the case.

I find that keeping busy, staying physically active, and spending time with friends (and family) as much as possible helps keep me in a good mood and keep my depression in check.  A reasonable amount of alcohol always helps, too...  ;-)

I don't know about anyone else, but I am ready for some better weather.  Winter can end early as far as I am concerned.

1 comment:

  1. How come family is in parentheses? Oh, and when you're feeling down, just call. We can cheer you up, or at least take your mind off your troubles.

    ReplyDelete