Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Either I'm getting spammed or someone is playing a practical joke on me...

So yesterday I received a cryptic e-mail from something called the 'BabyCenter' that at first, I thought was just spam, but then I started reading it and it started to seem like more than a simple case of spamming.  First of all, they knew my name, which you don't usually see in spam e-mails.  Here's what the e-mail said:

Congratulations! You're 19 weeks pregnant.

Hello Sean,



Congratulations on your pregnancy! Having a baby may be the most challenging thing you ever do – and the most amazing. And BabyCenter will be at your side every step of the way. We'll help you get answers to all your questions about your pregnancy and baby, with thousands of expert articles, helpful tools, and a warm, supportive community of parents like you.

So yesterday I really tried not to think much of this e-mail and more or less disregarded it.  However, this morning I woke up to ANOTHER e-mail.  It reads...

Hello, Sean!



You're at the halfway mark — congratulations! Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
 
First of all, ew...  Second of all, why in the world do these people at the BabyCenter, whoever they are, think that I am pregnant?!?  Now stop me if I'm wrong, but I paid pretty close attention in Biology class and I'm fairly certain that me becoming pregnant, no matter how hard I try, is pretty much impossible.
 
All of this deduction has led me to the inescapable conclusion that someone who has access to my name and e-mail address is playing a trick on me...  As soon as this blog entry is complete I will be posting a link to it on Facebook, so whoever you are (as I am assuming you are my friend on FB), I'm on to you...
 
Now I just can't wait to see what tomorrow's BabyCenter e-mail will say...  I hope they send me resource information soon on how to seek an abortion, because I just cannot afford to have a baby right now!  I don't want to be like all those poor, struggling single working mothers out there!

2 comments:

  1. I get spam with my name in it all the time. I wouldn't think too much into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But why would I be getting such specific spam from a particular website that makes it appear as if I have already registered with them, and furthermore that thinks I could possibly be pregnant?!?

    ReplyDelete