Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I hate titles

My three-day weekend flew by me far too quickly.  Friday was a frustrating day at work, and to make matters worse, I didn't leave the damned building until about 7:40.  But I made up for it by drinking and hanging out with people far more drunk than I was.  It was rather entertaining.

Saturday was spent with my family.  We went to Hobby Lobby (where I was finally able to buy glitter pens!  yay!), ate delicious Dunford donuts, and for some incomprehensible reason, watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture.  I made the suggestion that, if we were going to watch all of the Star Trek movies like we just watched all of the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, that we really ought to skip the first one and go straight to Ricardo Montalban's shiny pecs and nipples (Wrath of Khan).  But instead, amazingly without any alcohol or other substance that would have made it more bearable, we watched the entire first Star Trek movie.  I don't recommend it...

The first half of Sunday was spent cleaning my room, doing laundry and exercising.  The second half was much more fun.  I went on a pretty fun date with an incredible guy that I have been seeing.  We went to the auto show in Sandy and then went out to dinner at Bambara, which I discovered is undoubtedly the gayest restaurant in Salt Lake City.  They also had delicious food.  We ended the night by hanging out at his house watching TV and relaxing.  It was a lot of fun and I hope we do more stuff like that in the near future.  :-)

Yesterday I took the day off work but, due to the snow, decided not the leave the house the entire day.  It was a lazy day spent relaxing at home and watching TV.  I did absolutely nothing productive.  Toward the middle/end of the day I started to feel depressed, mostly because I didn't do anything physical all day, I think.  I realized it was the first day in months that I had actually not left the house at all, not even to run a short errand or go jogging.  It was kind of nice to have a day like that, but at the same time, I don't want to do that very often, because it depresses me.

Today I am happy to be back at work and back into my routine.  I am looking forward to next weekend, when I once again have a three-day weekend.  But this time I plan on actually doing something all three days I am off.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment