Friday, October 1, 2010

The New Job

I always told myself working with my husband would be a bad idea. And now here I am doing it. We work in the same division of Marriott, in the same office, but in different departments. Is that bad? So far we've only had one or two minor problems with it, but I think the benefits have outweighed the costs. We can carpool to work most days (when our schedules coincide), we can have lunch together some days, we can talk about work and know what the other person is talking about. It is awesome. And I am working a full-time job now and getting paid a full-time salary. It's way nice. Can't wait for my first paycheck next week.

I've lost some momentum on finishing off my thesis and my book, but I will find the time as I settle back into my new routine. I just need to finish off the thesis and do all the revisions I need to so I can just put that behind me once and for all and then I can concentrate on my book and the 8 million other writing projects I want to do. Like Nano and a poetry collection and this blog and starting up a blog related to my new job (I'm hoping to create a monthly contest where interested associates write about working in a call center and submit entries to the blog. Winners could get published on the blog). It just sounded like a fun idea. And I think I could find a manager to approve it.

I miss the kids, but I'm too busy to really miss the old job. I don't feel as noble in my profession as I once did, but I certainly feel more wealthy, because I am. Updating soon about the writing projects, hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. "...and starting up a blog related to my new job (I'm hoping to create a monthly contest where interested associates write about working in a call center and submit entries to the blog. Winners could get published on the blog). It just sounded like a fun idea. And I think I could find a manager to approve it."

    I doubt it would fly.

    ReplyDelete